A community hall with great modern facilities made possible by a generous gift  

The Whatton Jubilee Hall was built in 1936 to mark the Silver Jubilee of King George V. It was made possible by a generous donation from the Player family who still live nearby.
Over the years it has been well used by the community as it had good facilities with a stage, kitchen and small committee room (now known as the Harris Room). By the end of the 20th century it was beginning to look its age and the furnishings were not of the standard expected by the modern generation.
In 2002 there was a risk that the hall might be sold off for housing. However following an appeal round the village a new and larger committee was formed and set about a programme of upgrades which still continues.
The achievements have been impressive. Amongst the improvements are:

· New fully fitted kitchen equipped to catering standards 
- New fully fitted bar
· Double glazing
· Improved heating and new boiler
- Recently re-roofed with improve insulation
· Convenient disabled facilities
· Refurbished toilets 
- Refurbished meeting room with kitchenette (The Harris Room)
· New padded chairs and tables
· New curtain track and stage drapes
· New sound system 
- Mood lighting and glitter ball
· Improved bar facilities with permanent bar licence
· Modern lighting fittings and low energy bulbs
· Enhanced storage spaces 
· Repairs to building fabric (brickwork, guttering, hall flooring etc)
· Maintenance to the surrounding grounds
The hall is now in use every day by a range of different organisations and private hirers, often with events in morning, afternoon and evening.

For More Pictures click Here
For Google Earth street view of hall click Here
 

 

Subpages (1): Gallery